Wednesday 29 May 2013

THE WORLD NEVER STOPPED

I once thought myself stable
Upon world’s back sat comfortable
But the illusion never lasted long
Before I was subtly proved wrong.
The world does not ride steady
nor mind if the rider is ready
it sticks to its tenacious gallop
and for no one does it ever stop.
During a moment of weak grip
from our hands does it slip;
riding on to the dreams ahead
which else we might’ve had.

If the world did stop for a week
I’d have buried my dead
and moved on with you.
But it never did stop for a week.

If the world did stop for a day
I’d have explained everything
then ask you to wait, a while,
But it never did stop for a day

If the world did stop for an hour
I’d have told you of all my pain
hope pity would make you stay
But it never did stop for an hour

If the world did stop for a minute.
Oh dear, a last kiss? A final hug?
As alone I go to face a bitter world
But it never did stop for a minute

If the world did stop for a second
I already had enough memories of you
to last me this miserable lifetime 
But it never did stop for a second
Fate sent us on different ways,
and condemned me to lonely days.

No comments:

Post a Comment